Counselling Terms & Conditions
Everything discussed in the session will remain confidential with the exception of Risk Management issues.
If during a session the practitioner becomes aware of a ‘High Risk Issue’ then they will immediately discuss this with you. A High-Risk Issue may be the potential for harm to yourself e.g. suicide, or harm to others e.g. abuse or violent behaviour. Novoteam practitioners are required to report such issues and seek further advice. This might be referring to other agencies e.g. Social Services or your GP. All risk management is coordinated by our Clinical Governance Committee.
Record Keeping and Data Management
- Case Notes – Practitioners may keep handwritten case notes to assist in recalling circumstances and to help clarify the progress and direction of the therapy. These notes will be kept securely by the Practitioner for a period of three years after the sessions have ceased. After this time, the case notes will be destroyed. These records can be shared with you but require a Subject Access Request to be submitted. These case notes will not contain your name but will contain a unique reference to your case.
- Assessment Tools – Assessment tools can be used within the sessions. These tools can help to track and monitor progress in different areas. All paper-based assessments are stored securely by Novoteam and will be held for three years after the sessions have ended. After this time, the documents will be destroyed. These documents will not contain your name but will contain a unique reference to your case.
- Appointment Logs – All client appointment, scheduling, contact and payment information is held online. This online system is only accessible by an account holding practitioner and senior management. All information remains confidential and is securely stored.
All practitioners receive regular clinical supervision to monitor, guide and improve their practice. During supervision, the particulars of your case may be discussed though anonymity will be maintained and confidentiality will not be breached.
No contact is permitted with the practitioner outside the sessions. Physical contact is inappropriate at any time. In order to respect privacy and discretion, the practitioner may discuss with you how you might interact if there is a chance meeting in a social setting.
Practitioners are not qualified nor ethically able to advise clients in respect of practical aspects of the presenting issues, e.g. legal advice, entitlement to benefits, or other forms of advice.
Reciprocal Commitment and Continuity
Regular and continuous therapy is very important to achieving successful outcomes. For this reason, Novoteam provides regular weekly sessions on the same day, at the same time in the same location and your practitioner commits to limiting their holiday to 5 weeks per year. Our commitment is to ensure this ‘space’ is yours and will continue to be yours for as long as you need it – it’s open-ended therapy.
We expect this to be a reciprocal commitment where your commitment to the sessions matches ours. This means arriving promptly and ready to engage. Be aware that sessions will end on time and cannot be extended due to late arrival.
Your practitioner may suggest tasks for you to work on between sessions. This should be seen as important and is another element of the commitment to therapy.
Occasionally you may find that you’re unable to make a regular commitment to sessions. In these circumstances, we may, at our discretion, terminate the regular commitment and offer ‘ad-hoc’ sessions. However, on an ad-hoc basis, we will not be able to guaranty any degree of certainty to booking a future session; this is due to your practitioners’ other ongoing and regular commitments.
The fee depends on the tier of service you require and is for a 50-minute session unless stated otherwise in
advance. All fees are to be paid by Credit or Debit Card at the end of your session. Your payment details will be held securely online with the PoS system and the transaction will be processed by your practitioner. The fee is subject to annual review.
Cancelling Individual Sessions:
If you are unable to attend your session the following terms apply:
- Planned absence, with 7 or more days’ notice, will be charged at half of the normal fee. Please inform Novoteam at least 7 days prior to the absence.
- Absence with less than 7 days’ notice, or a ‘no show’ will be charged the full fee. Please inform Novoteam as soon as possible; it may be possible to provide you with an alternative session for that week and avoid a cancellation charge.
- If your practitioner is unable to attend a session, we’ll inform you as soon as possible and you will not be charged. We may be able to offer an alternative session for that week.
If you’re planning to end your sessions, please make this known to your practitioner in order to facilitate a planned ending and also notify Novoteam. Whilst this agreement can be cancelled or terminated by notifying Novoteam with 7 days’ notice we recommend that you discuss ending your sessions with your practitioner and agreeing on a final date.
Notifications: For all notices of cancellations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your practitioner welcomes you to discuss any difficulties that may arise about your sessions and will work with you to resolve this. If your situation is unresolved, please raise any concerns with Lucy Phipps, who can be contacted on 0800 612 4426 or via email: email@example.com. We understand that raising concerns about therapy is not always easy and we can assure you of a sympathetic response. If you are dissatisfied with our response you can seek advice from one of the relevant associations e.g. BACP or UKCP